Pollen Metrology is a deeptech company specialized in the creation of intelligent software for the production of high-performance materials. Pollen has developed a unique artificial intelligence framework that interfaces with the most advanced machine learning techniques. This unique technology allows the analysis of data flows necessary for the development and production to automatically analyze images from electron microscopes.
To launch a new range of products, worldwide, Pollen is recruiting new collaborators to strengthen its research team working on semiconductor industry applications. You will be attached to the research/algorithms team, a multidisciplinary team (metrology, physics, computer science, image processing, deep learning, data fusion) based in our headquarters in Moirans (direct access in 15min by train from Grenoble).
The project is a partnership between Pollen, a Mathematics Laboratory, and an integrated device manufacturer. The project consists in the development of a new Artificial Intelligence (AI) module to combine metrology and process optimization. The process itself is deployed on the pilot line of the industrial partner where the current Pollen Software is already installed for image processing.
Your main tasks will be to manage:
- identification of the parameter vector definition domain
- the study of the properties of the function: convexity, differentiability, Lipschitz constants etc.
- the determination of the scale and distribution of noise in the measurements
- the choice of the model and the identification of its parameters.
- the implementation of at least 3 different models to be benchmarked.
These newly developed modules will enrich our software that contributes to enhance the semiconductor industry research and production and by doing so you will indirectly participate in the creation of the next generation of computer and electronic devices.
You will be in charge of proposing, prototyping and developing Deep learning algorithms for process optimisation to combine metrological and process data of various types.
You will use frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch, and internal technologies that you will help to develop. You will publish your key results in semiconductor domain conferences.
- Very good knowledge of deep learning.
- Good knowledge of optimization methods.
- Good knowledge of statistics.
- Good knowledge of Python (TensorFlow or PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc).
- Knowledge in image processing.
- Fluency in English.
- You are eager to learn.
- This work will be carried out under the joint direction of Pollen Metrology and CNRS/University of Lyon/Ecole Centrale Lyon, in order to favour approaches at the cutting edge of innovation.
- You will be located at Pollen, you will join a growing company driven by team spirit, the desire to provide high quality software that includes cutting-edge technology.
- The contract duration is 30 months. At the term of the contract, the position could be converted into a permanent position at Pollen